The news recently broke that The Biggest Loser Season 14 would not start in the fall.
NBC has decided to pull the weight-loss competition show from the fall line-up to give the network time to revamp the show that has seen steadily declining ratings the past couple of seasons. It seems there are a couple really easy fixes to improve the show. Here are five:
1. More red line weeks. After a certain point in the show when everyone has learned how to workout, start sending people home who lose the least amount of weight. Keep the game fair. If the show wants to get back the heart it once had, this would be an easy way to do it.
2. Make it more interactive. Ask America to vote on stuff. Maybe a vote can decide what kind of challenges they’ll get to play in. Or hell, ask America who should go home. That would definitely get fans going. At the end of the season, ask America to vote a fan favorite. Other shows do all these things. Get with it, NBC!
3. Nix the couples/teams. Go back to individual players. I don’t know about you, but I’m sick of husbands and wives and the cousins. I want to see only complete strangers competing against each other.
4. Stop putting the trainers against each other. Or at least get two trainers who don’t act like babies. Bob and Dovlett are great, but they have NO dynamic. The show is lacking the dynamic Bob and Jillian had. They competed against each other but seemed to have a strong relationship. I’m sure people are expecting “Bring Jillian back” to be on this list, but I don’t think that’s necessary. I’m sure she’d help get some viewers back, but it’s not her the show is missing, it’s the dynamic.
5. This one is almost too easy: Cut the show from two hours to one hour. No show needs to take up two hours of anyone’s life. Ever.
So those are just the easiest five suggestions. We’d love to hear your suggestions. Please let us know in our comments section how you’d improve The Biggest Loser!