Despite CBS holding a lawsuit over ABC’s head regarding their upcoming reality show The Glass House being too much like Big Brother, ABC is moving forward with casting and has released more information regarding the setup of the game.
Here’s what we have learned:
- The Glass House will premiere June 18th
- 14 contestants will compete to win $250,000
- 10 episodes of The Glass House will air on ABC
- One contestant will be evicted per week, with America voting to help decide who it is. There will also be opportunities to vote evicted contestants back into the Glass House.
- America will also vote on what the contestants will eat, wear and and will decide where they sleep. Voting will be done via a Live Stream Voting System and daily voting.
- Live streams are set to air Mondays for 4 hours from 8pm to 12am (PST) and again from Tuesday – Thursday at 12pm (PST).
- After a challenge is lost, that team’s captain and one other team member will go into “Limbo”, where they will await to hear whether they are leaving for good or coming back to continue in the game. Team Captains will be those bottom two contestants who received the least amount of America’s votes that week.
ABC casting directors are currently seeking contestants for The Glass House. They will be doing a nationwide search for “dynamic, competitive, energetic and outgoing individuals with audition held in Los Angeles, Pheonix, Austin, and Boston. If you cannot attend these casting events, you can send a photo and an email description to ABC Casting information.
Are you loving it – or hating it so far? Any first impressions?