This week on Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, Alana had to say goodbye to her pet pig Glitzy, but with a little help from some mud bogging and Christmas in July, she was feeling better in no time.
The episode does end on a serious note as Honey Boo Boo’s pregnant big sister is taken out in an ambulance.
As usual, this show is impossible to recap traditionally, so I’ll break down the recap in the top moments and quotes.
Top 5 Moments
1. Goodbye Glitzy. It’s sad for Alana that she has to give her pet pig Glitzy back, but as June says, they’re just too busy to take care off it. Riding 4-wheelers and buying junk food at auctions is hard work y’all. The best part of the Glitzy storyline was the musical montage of all of our favorite pig moments, including the time he went to the bathroom on the kitchen table.
2. Mud Boggin with ‘Crazy Tony.’ The gang decided to cheer themselves up by going 4-wheeler riding with their friend “Crazy Tony.” After riding around in the mud with about 40 other rednecks, the grand finale is “tubing.” That’s where Crazy Tony pulls the kids on a tire tube through stagnant water and mud. June refuses to take part, so Crazy Tony drags her by her feet into the nasty water. How nice.
3. Christmas in July. First of all, it should be noted that Sugar Bear has not one, but THREE Santa Claus suits. And they apparently all smell really badly. June apparently has a Santa fetish because she seems very turned on by Sugar Bear as Santa. She even tells him he might have to wear that suit to bed later that night. Then she smacks her lips.
4. June gets stabbed with toe-nail clippings when she sits on her bed. There’s nothing else that I can add to that.
5. The Scenery. Honey Boo Boo’s hometown is certainly a colorful place. My two favorite things from the scenery this week were the “Kuntry Stoe” and the “Corn Dogs and Pizza Sticks” advertisements.
“I like to get down and dirty redneck style.” — Honey Boo Boo
“Oooooh. Show your man boobies.” — June to Sugar Bear
“That Santa Claus outfit smelled like a chain-smoking goat.” — Sugar Bear
“The worst part about Christmas in July is that it’s hot. And it’s in July.” — Sugar Bear
“When June sat on my lap, she didn’t really ask for nothing, but I couldn’t feel my feet.” — Sugar Bear
“I want her out cause she’s hurting my biscuit.” — Chickadee referring to her unborn child as she’s presumably in labor