This week on Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, we got a look at some of Mama’s favorite recipes. Like her five-pounds-of-sugar lemonade and her old family recipe for “sketti.”
And like every other week, this show is just too out of control for a typical recap, so I’ll just break down the top moments and quotes for you.
Top 5 Moments
1. Honey Boo Boo and Sugar Bear’s date. For once I’m not going to be gagging or making jokes. Honey Boo Boo and her dad’s outing to the Fun Factory with her papa was actually pretty sweet. I imagine it’s hard to have fun with Honey Boo Boo’s crazy older siblings, so it was nice to see them get some father-daughter time.
2. Guess the Breath. OK, brace yourselves. The family got bored so they decided to play a game. Here’s how you play this game. Someone gets blind-folded and sits in a chair. Another person goes up and breathes their nasty breath in your face. And you guess whose breath it is. Sounds fun, right? So so gross.
3. A Little Pee. So one of Honey Boo Boo’s sisters is pregnant, right? Well she’s been in labor for like two weeks or something, so she has a baby pressing on her bladder or whatever. Well, she peed a little on Mama’s couch. Mama got pissed. Then wondered if it was really pee or maybe Chickadee’s water had broken. So what does she do? She rubs it with her hand, SMELLS IT, then declares “That’s piss!” I’m not even joking. I’m a creative person, but I don’t think I could even dream that up.
4. The Lemonade Stand. In an attempt to raise money for the big pageant, Honey Boo Boo decides to start a lemonade stand. Mama pulls out her ole recipe box and starts making the juice. All you need is five pounds of sugar, a little water and some lemon juice.
5. Sketti time! The best for last … So Mama says she tries to cook every day of the week. And Sugar Bear even says she’s a pretty darn good cook. I was skeptical until I saw her make her famous “sketti.” Here’s the recipe: 1 tub of Country Crock fake butter, 1 bottle of ketchup, mix together, microwave, pour over spaghetti, eat. And they LOVE this. This is like gourmet food to them. I will probably never eat spaghetti again now.
“I’m a chalk miner’s daughter and my daddy’s princess.” — Honey Boo Boo (wtf is a chalk miner?)
“A baby does not come out of your butt. It comes out of your biscuit.” — Pumpkin (schooled)
“A woman will ew on herself before she has a baby. Then her hemorrhoids come out.” — Mama (classy, Mama)
“Birthin babies are disgusting.” — Honey Boo Boo (word!)
“I don’t know why it stinks. That’s just the way it is.” — Mama on breath (scientific!)