Most of the Spring reality shows have or are winding down, so the week in Reality TV was a slow one, but that’s the norm as we gear up for the Summer shows. Bring on Big Brother!
The Biggest Loser Breaks For a Revamp: NBC’s weight-loss show will not be starting its 14th season in the fall. There’s no word exactly when it will start, but there has been confirmation that an overhaul is in order. NBC is apparently looking at ways to refresh the show and needs some extra time to do so. Look for our own suggestions on how to improve The Biggest Loser next week.
Britney and Demi Are In But Is JLo Out? Well, it’s the time of year again for Jennifer Lopez to confuse everyone with whether or not she’s returning to American Idol. This week Britney Spears and Demi Lovato sealed their deals with The X Factor and after Britney’s hefty paycheck, I think it’s a safe bet to say JLo’s going to do some negotiating before she signs another deal with Idol.
Even Jeff Probst Hated Survivor One World: Kim won Survivor, but the best news is that it’s over. In what many have called the worst season ever, even the show host said it kind of sucked. “Next season is going to be a return to GREAT Survivor,” Jeff said. ”I really believe we will remind the audience of how fun Survivor can be. I think this season was a bit of a letdown.”
It’s So Easy to Say Goodbye: Who went home this week in Reality TV?
- Joshua Ledet won’t be taking us to church during the American Idol 2012 finale next week because he failed to make it in the Top 2 after last week’s showing.
- Annaliese was kicked off America’s Next Top Model, leaving the final two as Sophie and Laura.
- Maria Menounos danced her final dance on Dancing With the Stars. Hey, there’s always All-Stars.
- Aubrey O’Day was fired on The Celebrity Apprentice, leaving Clay Aiken and Arsenio Hall as the final two (as if we didn’t know that already from a huge pre-season spoiler).
- Not that anybody’s watching or cares, but Sai was cut from the second episode of Bravo’s Around the World in 80 Plates.