Last night on The Voice, the other half of the Top 16 took to the stage to sing for America's votes, but like last week, the end of the episode was the end of the road for two of them. After the performances, coaches Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green were each forced to cut a person from their teams before America even got to speak in the live vote.
Before we get to the cuts, how did the eight performers stack up last night? As always, there were some hits, misses and a few just “OKs.”
The Voice Scorecard
- Jamar Rogers, “It's My Life” HIT! Weird song choice, but his stage presence is top notch.
- Katrina Parker, “Jar of Hearts” HIT! A little sleepy, but great vocals. And her new hair was a hit as well.
- Mathai, “I'm Like A Bird” MISS! Her vocals are like a bird … a dying bird.
- James Massone, “Just The Way You Are” MISS! Just the way you are is kind of irritating and not so good.
- Tony Lucca, “Baby One More Time HIT! Great risk, great show.
- Cheesa, “I Have Nothing” OK She's not Whitney
- Pip, “Somewhere Only We Know” OK Adam lead him astray. He went from adorable to snore-able.
- Juliet Simms “Crying.” HIT! Strange song cho
ice, but she's still one of the best singers in the contest
Team Cee Lo: James Massone. I think Cee Lo joins Blake in making the only logical decisions this season with this cut.
Team Adam: Pip. Like Christina's elimination last week, Adam's elimination this week is sure to be an unpopular one. I would've gone with Mathai if it were up to me.
Best Performance of the Night